So - I'm feeling pretty pathetic as a mother. I skipped Halloween this year. I didn't think it would be a big deal ... until it was. It is. I'm so sad. It's Mia's first Halloween, and I won't have any pictures of her in a pumpkin suit. I have been so overwhelmed lately that I can barely get my shoes on the right feet, but this is just plain pathetic parenting. I seem to be playing the part of the very lame mother lately. (See my shopping experience with "The Scary Guy.")
But, in my defense, I don't even have a vehicle. The van is in the shop, and it's going to be there for at least 3 more weeks. Tim is at work. And I am not going to take my small children out trick-or-treating in my neighborHOOD (heavy on the HOOD), by myself. Those of you who have been lucky enough to visit us in "the hood", and were even luckier to have made it out alive, will understand what I'm talking about. I was even lame enough to forget to buy candy for the trick-or-treaters who may or may not ring our doorbell, so I drug my kids out (before dark), and we walked to the grocery store and got some candy.
So we are sitting at home. Eating tatar tot casserole. Watching, well, nothing since our DVD player and VCR broke. And since I'm sure this is going to scar Jackson for the rest of his life, I guess I better get off the internet and try to start patching things up by spending a little quality time with him.
To make myself even more lame, I don't have batteries in the camera. So here is NO picture of my kids NOT dressed up for Halloween.
3 comments:
Oh, Katie! I wish I was a few thousand miles closer and could come help you out...honestly I do. I don't know how you keep up with your life. You are superwoman to me. And by that I most definitely mean that you are not a bad parent. I repeat..you are NOT a bad parent. Am thinking about you!
you are not a bad parent. i would never take my kids trick or treating in your neighborhood. and i think that you being in school is one of the greatest gifts you can give your kids.
sooo...don't sweat it! neither of your kids are old enough to care. and really until they're a little older, you are the one that has to do ALL the work. hauling two cranky kids around the neighborHOOD is NO fun. believe me.
i'm seriously thinking of not doing halloween next year. it was so miserable this year!
I suppose you have not thought about the dental bills and all the future fights you might have with Jackson about when he could eat all the candy he would have gotten. Trust me, mother of 4 and veteran of many Halloween battles, you did the right thing for you and everyone else too.
Post a Comment