29 October 2007

My Future Rests In Their Hands

I am having trouble accessing my student email account. I have a very important email I need to read from my math professor, and I cannot access it. So I sent the Help Desk a little email notifying them of the problem. Here is a real live email I just got back from them. I changed nothing. See if you can find the mistakes. I had to read it 10 times just to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

"There is currently a known problem with UVlink- We are sorry for the incontinence and are current working on this problem are hope to have it back up and running very soon-Thank you for your patients -Helpdesk-"


Did you find the mistakes? Let me help you. First - "We are sorry for the incontinence" Ummmm - I just really wanted you to get my email back up and running. I didn't need to know about any personal problems involving your inability to control your bodily functions.

Next - "Thank you for your patients" I was also unaware that I was now an MD, but apparently I have patients, not patience.

Since these are the people who will be fixing my email account, and I am in URGENT need of reading that email ... I think I will need to say a little prayer.

7 comments:

Emily said...

im at the library on campus and i officially just blew snot threw my nose in order to stifle my LOL!!!! Hilarious. Im confident that you are getting the best education!

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay said...

"We are sorry for the INCONTINENCE"?!?! Ha! That's hilarious. And go you, for being all medically sound and having patients and whatnot.

Katie, keep praying. I think that will be all that will come between these crazies and getting your email problem fixed.

Amy said...

You must have been trying to register this morning... what a PAIN!

Your write the greatest stuff.... thanks for making me smile!

jenica said...

i hope to never hear that sentence, *sorry for the incontinence...* because the only way i can see it being properly used is if an old man was sitting on my lap and had an accident!

Ashley Thalman said...

i am laughing my ARSE off! i hate uvlink!

Lori Buhr said...

You should send it off to a humor magazine and see if they will pay you for your pain and suffering. Unbelievable!