Something horrible has happened. I don't know how I can prepare all of you for this news, but it is possibly the worst thing that could have happened this entire hellish week. My VCR AND my DVD player broke. At the same time. At the same time? Seriously? What have I done to piss karma off so badly? Here's the story.
Our VCR went first. That was a real bummer; instead of 6 different videos to choose from, now Jackson only had 2. Oh well. I can watch The Incredibles for the 934th time. No biggie. But then the DVD player went. And I had a nervous break down. I mean, I had SO much homework to get done this week. Of course, I am NOT suggesting that you use the TV as a babysitter. Ahem. And I really don't let my kids watch that much TV. At least, I didn't think I did. Until it was no longer available. And the ironic thing is, Jackson didn't have anything to do with the breaking of them. Not as far as I can tell, anyway. There isn't any visible peanut butter sandwich or broken toy that has been stuffed into them. They were just cheap. And old. Definitely a bad combo. And we don't have cable because it rots your brain. Not to mention I cannot, in good conscious, pay that much to kill brain cells. I have other perfectly free activities that will do that for me. Like banging my head against a wall because Jackson took his diaper off and peed on the floor. Again. See? Totally free. But that DVD player was my last link to sanity. And it is gone.
Good bye, cruel world.
4 comments:
I have got an extra one if you want it. In fact, it is a dvd and vcr combo.. If you are going to Amy's party tonight, I can bring it..
Okay, that just stinks.
well look at that, ask and you shall receive. Thats cool that your vcr and dvd player broke down and mel had one for you to pick up. (Elmo here you come.) Stuff like that has been happening to me lately as well. The family we bought our craigslist special 25 dollar table from was mormon. They took pity on our poorness and gave it to us for free!
we had the same thing happen. only, the dvd player went out first. so i went and bought a new dvdplayer. and then the vcr broke on the old combo. we're still without a vcr. i know just how important that suckers are... my kids are watching wishbone as we speak.
Post a Comment