24 October 2007

And I Thought I Was Having A Bad Week


Envision with me, if you will. I'm driving down I-80 East and it's under construction so there are only 2 open lanes. Traffic is already bad, but in the far right lane traffic has completely stopped. Of course, I'm frustrated. Then a semi-truck stops in the left lane and turns his blinker on to get into the far right lane. Now traffic is completely stopped in both lanes. Beyond frustrated at this point, I wonder why the semi did not get over earlier? And why does he want to get into a lane where traffic is stopped in the first place? He gets over and traffic starts up again in the left lane and starts to move very slowly in the right. I'm now in the left lane passing the semi, and I see something that makes me laugh out loud. The semi - bless his heart - is pushing a little, red, broken down truck by the bumper. I look inside the little red truck, and it's a poor scout master, all decked out in his scout uniform. He has a look on his face that says "Please don't let this be happening to me!" It's horror mixed with complete and utter embarrassment. Bless his heart, too. And I thought I was having a bad week. I would have whipped out my phone and taken a picture, but as you know, my driving skills aren't up to par these days as it is.

2 comments:

jenica said...

that traffic is insane isn't it? poor guy i can't even imagine!

Emily said...

Why can I relate to that? Must have been a weird dream from my teenage years?!