This blog was inspired by my dear friend Lindsay.
This is my wish list. These are some items that I am really aspiring towards owning. Someday.
*Reverse Osmosis Water Filter. I hate drinking chlorine. I'm sure my body hates it, too. I also want a shower filter to go along with it.
*A new couch set. When we got married, all we could afford was a love seat. And nearly 5 years later, that's all we still have. One love seat. I want a sectional couch. A really, really long couch where we can both sit (or even lay down) on and not be shoving each other off.
*New bathroom rugs and towels. Mine are worn and worn over again. Every time I wash the rugs they unravel just a little bit more. A rug much like this one. And fluffy cotton towels like these. I'm really into browns and blues right now.
*A room in my home dedicated only to books. Of course, that would require a lot of book shelves.
*In order to have a room dedicated only to books, I need a new home with an extra room!
*A back yard. With grass. Our backyard is small, and that would be perfectly fine, but it's just a big mud hole. In the words of my dear friend, Jenica, it vexes my soul. What good is a back yard if your kids can't go outside and play in it? Yes. It truly vexes my soul.
I must be getting old because I am noticing a trend here. Everything I want has something to do with my house. Here are things I want that do NOT have to do with re-decorating my house.
*A new wardrobe. All new. I have maybe 1 pair of pants that actually fit. Everything else is pre-baby days, and very old. And, since it's very old, it's very out of style. Not that that's extremely important to me, but I would like to look somewhat cute. Looking nice and feeling good go hand in hand, and it's kind of hard to look nice in clothes that are a little too snug or a little too baggy in the rear from lots of wear and tear.
*Fondue Pot.
*Stainless steel kitchenware.
I guess those last 2 kind of have to do with my house again. But what can I say? This is where I spend 90% of my time!
Ummmmm ... That's about it. I guess I better get saving. :) I want to know what's on all of YOUR wish list's.
3 comments:
Nice list. I second just about everything there. Especially the all-new wardrobe. I want new clothes (because mine are worn out and ill-fitting) and I want someone with money to pay for them and someone with good taste to pick them all out. And, if necessary, someone with sewing skills to tailor them so they fit me just right. Ah, to dream.
go to old navy NOW. they've got 50% off their comfy long sleeved tees, dress pants, cords, fleeces, etc. they've also got a ridiculous amount of clearance right now.
i am so with you on the couch set. ours are so haggard and frumpy and kiddified. i want a leather sectional, is that too much to ask? oh yeah, i want a bed that doesn't sit directly on the floor.
Ok! I have yet another solution to your problems. Get married. Katie! You can have my fondue pot. I can promise you that Timmy and I wont use it anytime in the next 4-5 years. So Ill loan it to you and just get some good use out of it cause you can only have it for four years. If not, it will sit in a box and mom and dads house until 2012. That is a threat and a promise.
Post a Comment