21 October 2007

The Rule Of Three

It must be true that bad things happen in 3's because this has been the worst week I have had in a very, VERY long time. I suppose I will start at the beginning.

My laundry room flooded. Again. This is the 4th time since we've moved into the house that this has happened. First time it was the washer. Second and third time it was the drain being clogged by roots. This, the fourth time, we thought it was the washer, and almost bought a new one, but it turns out it was the drain. More roots. Who knew roots could grow so fast? So we've cleaned the drains out. Again.

Next. For the last few weeks I've been having a stomach ache every time I eat. I got really, REALLY sick on Monday to the point where I couldn't get off the floor. Tim said (sweet, sensitive man that he is), "It sounds like you're in labor again." And I replied, "It freaking FEELS like I'm in labor again! So DO SOMETHING!" Then after about 2 hours of intense pain, I felt fine. So we didn't go to the doctor for a few more days, but since the stomach aches didn't stop, I gave in and went. He thinks I have gall stones. And my accupuncturist thinks it's either gall stones or an ulcer. So I have an ultrasound tomorrow morning. It wouldn't be so bad except we just switched insurance with Tim's new job, and we had met our old insurance's deductible already. Now we have a whole NEW deductible to meet. *Sigh*

Last, I got in an accident in our new van on the morning of my sister's wedding. I've never had an accident like this, and I really didn't want it to happen the way this one happened. Because it was my fault. Yes - folks - I am the idiot who ran into a parked car. Not just backing into it at the grocery store parking lot. No, no. It wasn't that simple. I was driving down the street near our house, and Mia was crying in the back, so I looked over my shoulder for a split second, and apparantly when I turned my head, I also turned the wheel. And hit a very nice truck. Both vehicles look like we were in some major accident. The whole side of the van is smashed in, and that's not saying much for the other guy's truck. He wasn't too impressed with me, and honestly, I'm not too impressed with myself either. I mean - I am the kind of driver who turns the blinker on to turn into a driveway that's in the cul-de-sac. I am a very cautious driver, even to the point of driving my dear husband completely crazy. And I hit a parked car?!?! Who DOES that? How embarrassing. I've even considered not blogging about it because it is so stupid. But I decided to go ahead and write about it and just not post pictures.

So that has been my week. I'm tired. I'm exhausted, actually. And I am not so sure I really want to get out of bed in the morning for fear of what's next. I hope bad things only happen in 3, and not, say - multiples of 3.

5 comments:

Heather said...

OOOHHHHHH! I feel so bad now. Did you get any results back on your ultrasound? How was the wedding? This was emily right? Keep me posted.
THANKS
Heather

Sara said...

I think you should never complain about not having anything interesting to blog about because then your life becomes a little too interesting in not so good ways! Or something...

Oscarson Kidz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Oh no! I hope everyone is all right? Don't feel too bad about your car accident. I have one that tops that!! I ran into a parked car once. The bad part was my car hit my husbands car. Imagine explaining that to the insurance companies.... requesting both cars need repairs!

Emily said...

glad its not galstones? glad your actupuncturist knows a thing or two!