Tim is officially on mandatory overtime ~ effective immediately. That means an extra 10 hours on Friday AND Saturday. That's 6 tens in a row. For all of you math retards .. let me pull out my calculator. Yep. 60 hours a week. Merry Christmas. I don't know who the genius was that decided that it was a good idea to start this in the month of December, but I'm pretty sure he's Jewish. OK - maybe not Jewish. Possibly atheist. Well, whoever YOU are. YOU suck.
So I get to do all the shopping myself. Put up the tree myself. Go to one million different Christmas parties myself. Ba-Hum-Bug. You're probably thinking - why can't you do these things on Sunday? Well ...
1) We're Mormon. We don't do anything on Sunday except go to church and breath. OK -I'm exaggerating. Kind of. But we don't shop on Sunday's.
2)After working 60 straight hours for 4 weeks in a row, I doubt the last thing my wonderful hubs wants to do is go Christmas shopping with ME.
Not to mention I have finals coming up in 2 weeks. Oh man. Anxiety is flowing through my veins. Not only do I have one more regular chapter test in Math, I have a COMPREHENSIVE FINAL .. something I'm dreading more than Armageddon, because "comprehend" and "math" do not belong in the same sentence as far as I'm concerned. Anyone ever tried to figure out conic sections as you nurse a wiggly baby while a 2 year old swings from your elbow? Cause I'm gonna need some tips.
Do you hear that sound? I think my brain just exploded.
3 comments:
I'm sorry. That sucks. If it makes you feel any better, I had to put up our tree all by myself, too. I'm gonna send you some Christmas cheer telepathically, ok?
I know how you feel. There were a few months when Jonathan was working on an average of 60 hours. SIGH..... I started to feel like a single mom. Hope it works out for you.
i am so sorry! i had to giggle though at the brain exploding thing. i had a huge headache tonight and i was trying to be nice while putting the kids in bed. so i told them my brain was going to explode and splatter all over the wall. all the kids giggled hysterically. but then elaisha started crying. i guess a little too vivid? i suck.
Post a Comment