07 November 2007

Butt-Naked With A Cape Is The New Black

Jackson is no longer allowed to watch violent movies such as SpiderMan or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Not even The Incredibles. Not that I approved of my two-year-old watching those movies in the first place - but daddy's and uncles have a tendency to do these things sans mom. Only it's MOM that has to deal with the consequences. Consequences that include running BUTT NAKED through the house, wearing only his blanket wrapped around his neck like a cape. (Do the TMNT do that? Does SpiderMan do that? Is it just cooler to run around with no underpants on? Is it just a 'guy' thing?) Consequences that include EVERY TOMATO IN THE HOUSE - WHICH IS A LOT - smashed into my white carpet. Tomatoes that had miniature magnetic darts forced through their center so they looked like they'd been shot. And believe me, with all the tomato juice on the carpet, it looked like someone had been shot. And just for the record, tomato juice doesn't come out of white carpet no matter how much you scrub. It leaves a lovely pink residue. So now I have pink and white carpet. Just what I've always wanted. Thanks SpiderMan. Thank You Mr. Incredible.

3 comments:

melanie said...

ha ha ha ha ha!!! sadly, Katie I think it is just Jackson. Man, they sure keep us hopping though

Sara said...

I'm sorry, I know that you're probably pretty frustrated, but I was just laughing so hard when I was reading it! I can just imagine Jackson, the little stinker, doing all that and your facial expression when you found the mess! Oh man!!

jenica said...

poor mommy!

have you tried oxy-clean?

at least your son is doing the man thing. my son wears his sisters pink gloves and prances around the house casting pretend webs into the girl's hair.