04 November 2007

Parenting Is Not For The Faint-Hearted

Jackson is in the habit of climbing up onto our coffee table and jumping off onto the couch. Only this time he missed the couch, fell down, and cut his lip open. At first I thought he was OK, until the blood started gushing out his mouth. My first thought was to call 9-1-1, but Tim talked me out of that. He says my limit is once a week, and I had met my limit already. So when we got the bleeding to slow down, and I looked in his mouth, I learned why they call it a "gaping" wound. It was definitely gaping. I don't know how else to describe it. If I had eaten lunch, I would have lost it. I think it was more the thought of Jackson being hurt than the wound itself that made me sick. Now, every time he eats anything he says "HURT!" and cries. My poor, hungry little guy.

2 comments:

Lori Buhr said...

And guess what he'll be doing next week? You got it! He'll be jumping off the coffee table onto the couch again, if you're lucky. If not, it will be something higher and more dangerous. I see sky diving in his future.

jenica said...

ooooohhhh. mama love. poor baby! i know that sick feeling from the pit of your stomach. wishing you could just take that pain away. poor mama!

i love that you'd already filled your 911 quota for the week.