My Turn. It's a phrase I have come to dread. Everything is Jackson's turn. Not only does it take 10 times as long for us to get anything done or go anywhere, it's just plain annoying that he's exerting THIS MUCH independence. It's his turn to pick out his own clothes. It's his turn to start his own bath, undress himself, and get into the tub. It's his turn to make himself dinner. It's his turn to sweep the floor. It's his turn to - yes - change his own diaper.
Yesterday I saw that he had pooped his pants before nap time, so I went and grabbed the wet ones and a diaper. (For those of you wondering what happened to the potty training - we're still working on it. Apparently, pee training is a lot easier than poop training.) When I came into his room to change his bum, he let me know that he had not yet finished his business. So I set the stuff down, and left him alone.
A few minutes later when I came back, he had decided that it was HIS turn to change his own bum. I have to give him a little bit of credit because he had taken his diaper off, got the wet ones out, wiped his butt - however poorly - and was attempting to fasten his new diaper on. Even though I'm giving him an "E" for effort ... I have to give myself an a great-big-fat A+ for cleaning up the mess. Give myself another A+ for not loosing my temper and beating his butt. Give myself another A+ for not vomiting while I wiped poop off the bed and the floor. And give myself another A+ for just being a mom and dealing with this stuff every single day of my LIFE. Whew.
When I told him, "Jackson - when you poop your pants, you have to let mommy change your diaper." He said, "No. MY turn."
6 comments:
now THAT was a good dose of birth control-much obliged!
Oh my gosh! That is too funny.
Whooo! Thanks for making me laught today! Some days being a mom is pretty funny :)
Well, hopefully someday that will work to your advantage.. At 2 probably not but maybe at 6 or 7?
yum. at least he's not an aspiring artist with his feces! hehe
Well, I am not usually an "I can top that" person, but since we are talking about little boys and poop and the associated trama...Parker waited until my visiting teachers were at the house and took his diaper off and "dumped" on the living room floor. He stood very still and made a HUGE pile. He was so proud of himself that he hadn't pooped IN HIS DIAPER! UGH! The visiting teachers promptly left and NEVER, I repeat, NEVER returned as long as we lived there. HA-HA
Post a Comment