01 September 2007

Picky, Picky, Picky

So I know two-year-olds can be picky eaters. But, seriously - how picky can they get? This is a list of things Jack-Jack will eat.

*Life (Cereal)
*Mac and Cheese
*PB&J (Strawberry Only)
*Chicken Nuggets
*Bananas and Grapes

That's it. Nothing else. Definitely nothing green (like vegetables). I know. I know. It's a "phase." Well this phase has lasted about a year now. I don't know why I worry about it so much. I know he's not going to kill over from heart failure at 2 years old - but is this setting the stage for the rest of his dietary life? I guess what I'm getting at is: Is he going to be just like his father? His father is an exceptionally picky eater. I have never seen that man eat anything green. He'll only eat things that were previously alive. Is there a word for complete opposite of a vegetarian? Absolute carnivore. That's him. I'm convinced he is going to kill over from heart failure - any day now. All I have to say is, thank goodness for whoever invented those chewable, gummy mulit-vitamins for kids. Except, if he's like I was, he's going to break into the cupboard, crouch behind the house, and devour the entire container of yummy vitamins that taste like fruit snacks, in less then 3 minutes. And then it's "Hello. Poison Control?!?!"

1 comment:

Lori Buhr said...

Jack's list is longer than Patrick's was. Mac and Cheese, Ramen Noodles, Pancakes and an odd PB&J. That's it...until he was in his teens. Oh! He would eat meat and potatos and gravy, but NEVER, heavy on the EVER fruit or healthy vegetables. What is worse is now that he is 6' 5" he tells little kids, "Your mom will say to eat your veggies so you can grow up big and strong. Look at me! I never have eaten any veggies in my whole life. Don't let them lie you you little buddy!" So helpful. He will grow, but maybe not from ever eating veggies. If he eats fruit at all you are a lucky mom! Smile. It sure makes the cooking an easy thing to do. Lori