I've already had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day ~ and I was looking forward to dinner. A yummy apricot crockpot chicken over rice recipe that my aunt made for us a few weeks ago. I asked for the recipe, and since it only had a few ingrediants, she told me verbally. I should have written it down because this is what I ended up with when I made it for tonight's dinner.
Maybe it looks good to some of you, but in reality, it's just a pot full of orange grease with what used to be chicken. Those brown chunks in there? That's chicken. I've never seen brown chicken. Tim thought it was chunks of stew beef. We tried to eat it. Really, we did. I actually ate mine because I am the queen of stubborn - even to my own demise. I've probably poisoned myself. I told Tim to "Eat up because we can't afford to waste food!" He took 2 bites and said "We're not this poor."
I pride myself on being a decent cook. But this is by far the worst dinner in the history of our marriage, quite possibly my whole life. This beats the soupy lasaga, the burnt meatloaf, and the taco salad from hell. By a long shot.
So I get to go to class tonight with a stomach full of greasey orange sauce and chunks of probably undigestable chicken. And Tim will probably take Jackson to Wendy's for a burger.
1 comment:
haha! we ain't that poor is a nice way for saying *this is shit food* the phrase that i get when a meal goes awry. haha!
Post a Comment