I forgot to mention where Tim is now working and what he's doing. He's working for Hill Air Force Base in their sheet metal shop. Not his favorite thing or his specialty, but it will do for now. He called today to tell me that he will be working on his baby - the A-10 - instead of the plane he thought he was going to work on - the C-130. Or was it CK-130? C-135? ABC-123? I can't, for the life of me, remember all the acronyms the military uses. Anyway. He also called to tell me that he's probably NOT going to be on day shift. WHAT? More night shifts? At least it will be Monday-Thursday (4 ten hour shifts) and he'll work 2:30PM - 1:00AM. Better then Thursday - Sunday 9PM to 7AM, if you ask me. I guess we'll take what we can get at this point.
So that's that. It does mean that we'll be moving up north in the next 2 years or so. I guess that's OK, too. He's been trying to get on Hill since before we separated from the military. Only because his 7 years AF duty counts towards retirement. That means he can retire in 13 years. He'll be 40 years old! Bring it on federal government.
No comments:
Post a Comment