I've been cleared to give baby girl Benadryl for the next 5 days to clear up her little hive problem. As much as I'm not down with drugging children to shut them up, honestly - I was a little relieved to hear that I could give her some medicine because, well - you know, it's supposed to make little babies *vewy vewy sleepy*. The only problem I'm having with this is ~ it's not working!! It seemed to help her sleep a little bit better with the first 2 dosages, but now it seems to be doing the opposite. Hence me writing this blog at 12:30 AM. The good news - her hives are gone. As long as I keep giving her the Benadryl. Once it wears off, they start to come back. If this continues after 5 days they will have to give her some steroid shots - and believe me - I'm not down with that either ... mostly because my little angel baby weighed in at a whopping 16 pounds 2 ounces. (Ahem. Excuse me? Your scale can NOT be accurate. My sister weighed less then that at 1 year!) Therefore - no steroids for Mia. I don't need a little Arnold-no-neck baby running around. (OK - I know. They're not really those kind of steroids.) But the whole 16 pounds thing pretty much freaked me out.
Other news - I am having my first round of acupuncture done tomorrow morning. I've had migraine headaches now for the last 4.5 years. I've been to all kinds of doctors and tried all kinds of different things, none of which have helped much. The only thing I'm nervous about is how much this is going to cost if it doesn't work. If it does work, it will be priceless. Like those MasterCard commercials:
1 bottle Motrin: $6.50
8 bottles of Prozac: $82
2 Behavioral Therapists: $367
4 more bottles of Prozac: $41
1,460 sleepless nights: $2,000
1 CT Scan: $560
Visit to Acupuncturist: Priceless
So Mia is still awake. I was hoping she'd crash by the time I finished typing this, but she's just sitting here growling at me. *Sigh* I wonder what kind of programs they have on television at 1AM? I'm about to find out.
1 comment:
i think sesame street is on at 1 am. ;-D plus they always have some pretty cool sociology classes on channel 9. hehe
i LOVE your mastercard ad. i really hope the needles to their magic for you! although don't you think that 1460 sleepless nights is worth way more than $2000?!?
Post a Comment