I'm positive our laundry basket is completely invisible to my husband. In the 4.5 years we've been married, I don't think he's hit that thing more then two or three times. I've tried all shapes, sizes, and colors. I thought maybe he was just a bad shot and so he needed a basket with a larger opening? No - that wasn't it. Maybe he was color blind and couldn't distinguish it from the other things in the bathroom? Nope. That's not it either. So it must be invisible. I can see him taking his clothes, and with the best of intentions trying his best to locate it. "Hmmm - I know it was around here .. somewhere! Oh well." The clothes always end up somewhere in a 1 foot radius of the basket - yet never actually IN the basket. One of those many phenomena that are simply unexplainable. Maybe I should start pretending like the kitchen sink is invisible. Or how about the stove? "I'm sorry honey. I really meant to make dinner tonight, but oddly enough, the stove has simply disappeared!"
Speaking of laundry - I started a load yesterday morning around 9:00. I started smelling something funny - like a burning - and then I remembered the laundry. I ran into the laundry room only to find that the washer was stuck on the wash cycle. It was 11:30am. My load of colors had been agitating for the last 2.5 hours, and the washer sounded like it was huffing and puffing. Like - "I've never washed this long! Someone stop me!" That is probably the cleanest load of laundry in the history of the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment