My little sister let me borrow some of her completely amazing Aveda face lotion the other day, and I decided that I really needed to have a bottle of my own. So I went to the spa/salon where they sell this stuff and while I was looking around a sales lady with perfect skin, perfect hair, perfect nails, perfect clothes, perfect teeth (well - you get the idea) came up and asked if she could help. Of course at that moment I was completely aware of all the flaws in my physical appearance. The dull hair pulled back into a bun that's half way falling out. Spit-up all over my shirt. Pants that still aren't fitting quite right. Old, beat-up running shoes. (Well - you get the idea!) After getting the lotion, she asked if I needed anything else - and before waiting for a reply, showed me this under-eye cream that's supposed to get rid of dark circles. Huh? What? I have dark circles under my eyes? She said I should use the cream and drink more water and the circles would go away. Hmmm - I guess it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm up every 2-3 hours every night feeding a baby. Or that I am completely exhausted everyday from only getting a total of 6-7 hours of sleep every night - not consecutively. I wanted to say "Lady! If I need more of anything, it's sleep. Not water!"
And later that day Mia laughed out loud for the first time. And I forgot all about the dark circles under my eyes.

The only thing I had on me at the time was my phone - so the picture is a little blurry. But she's still cute!
4 comments:
I hear you! And watching Garrett learn to smile makes me also forget the long, sleepless nights. How fun that she's laughing!
I am sure your mom went through the same thing. Now the kids are all grown up I get to keep her awake by snoring. She kicks me ten times a night and yells, "no snoring!" I reply, "mmm hmmm" and go back to sleep and go back to snoring. Gives you girls all something to look forward to.
you should always wear more than just a phone.
Sleep deprivation is a tactic used by the enemy to get you to spill your darkest secrets. It is a good thing that as mothers of small children our lives are basically routine with nothing to hide, even our dark circles and baby weight. By the way, my baby is now almost 20 years old. I guess it is time to do something about getting that baby weight off. LOL!
Post a Comment