07 September 2007

Sleeping Habits

I am SO glad it's Friday! I haven't been able to say this for over a year now because Tim's weekends started on Monday. And for some reason, saying 'I'm so glad it's Monday!" doesn't seem right. So I'll say it again - louder this time .. I'M SO GLAD IT'S FRIDAY!

Tim started his new job this week. It has been sooooo nice having him home in the evening. I can't even explain it. It's like birthdays, Christmas, and the 4th of July all wrapped up in one. Except now we sleep in the bed at the same time. That's been quite the struggle, since before it was just me and Mia. (Yes ~ we co-sleep. I love it. I slept with Jackson until he was almost 10 months old when Tim officially kicked him out.) I've had the bed all to myself for a whole year (minus the last 3 months when I've shared it with a sweet, cuddly baby girl). It's spoiled me. I'm going to have to dope myself up on Benadryl just so I don't wake up every 5 minutes to Tim rolling over. Or snoring. Or getting up to pee. Or kicking me in the leg. Or stealing the covers. Or just plain breathing too loudly. Ironically, he feels the exact same way about me.

People think it's weird, but I think our marriage would benefit from having separate rooms. OK - maybe that's a little too drastic. How about separate beds. Like I Love Lucy. Because "back then" husbands and wives certainly didn't sleep in the same bed. Maybe that's why the crime rate was so low, and less people had to be on Prozac.

2 comments:

Lori Buhr said...

What is Tim's new job? You forgot to post about that!

melanie said...

I totally agree with the seperate bed thing. When we moved into this house I had decided either twin beds or a king bed. I was tired of getting poked and kicked and the covers stolen. We did the King bed instead