24 September 2007

My Favorite Time of Year: Poems and Pictures

Colored leaves fall down
pie baking in the oven
I sip hot chocolate

BEAUTIFUL Soup, so rich and green,
Waiting in a hot tureen!
Who for such dainties would not stoop?
Soup of the evening, beautiful Soup!
Soup of the evening, beautiful Soup!
~Lewis Carroll~



How I have waited for your appearance.
With muted
sighs and a
welcoming smile
I place you within
my waiting mouth.
O sweet brown and lovely velvet
that clings to my lips
and sweeps past
the sensitive and waiting
buds upon my tongue!
~Brandi Dialessi~
Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.
~ Elizabeth Lawrence~


One day I found two pumpkin seeds.
I planted one and pulled the weeds.
It sprouted roots and a big, long vine.
A pumpkin grew; I called it mine.
~Anon~

1 comment:

Emily said...

These pictures are so amazing! For some reason they had a calming effect on me and I floated into "the world is a perfect place" for a moment! Nice finds:)