My cousin, Heather, posted her 5 most re-readable books. I've been thinking about it for a while now, and here are my favorites:
*Anything by Samuel Langhorne Clemens ~ better known as Mark Twain. OK - I know that's more then one book, but I seriously love this man. Never mind that he called the Book of Mormon 'chloroform in print', I still love him. I always laugh out loud when I read his works. Some of my favorites are Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Huckleberry Finn, Pudd'nhead Wilson, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, and The Diaries of Adam and Eve.
*Orson Scott Card's Ender series. I know. I know. That's more then one book again. But I love them all. I was never into science fiction, but these books are worth reading. I own the entire series, and have read each book more then once.
*Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs. I enjoy the entire series, but I do believe that the first book is, by far, the best one. I actually laughed when my dear friend, Krysta, recommended it to me about 7 years ago, but it made its way into my list of favorites.
*Crime and Punishment by Foydor Dostoevsky. I believe this man was a genius. I LOVE this story for so many reason. I love his characters. I love the themes, motifs, and symbols he weaves into his amazing work of literature. Like the idea of a 'superman.' Are some people really more extraordinary and above the moral laws and rules the rest of us obey? Makes you wonder ...
*Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. Catherine and Heathcliff. Love. Passion. Wuthering Heights. Thrushcross Grange. Ghosts. Refusal to change. Change. More Passion. Ahhhh. I love it.
Of course, this list could go on forever, but I will stop at 5. (Five authors, actually, if you want to get technical.) I LOVE to read. Apparently, I'm a classics kind of gal. What do you love to read?
6 comments:
I'm glad I am the one on your list that actually made you LAUGH...sheesh! Kidding...I just can't beleive it was 7 years ago!
Ok since you are a Twain fan here is a short story that I LOVE and could read over and over that I think you will like. It is by O. Henry and here is a link where you can read it all online. It’s short but I can’t help but let my imagination fly and it’s hard to keep from snickering when I read it. Jen
http://fiction.eserver.org/short/ransom_of_red_chief.html
is this a tag???
Not really a tag - just if you want to answer the question you can.
the chosen.
anything by tolstoy.
kids books
Oh my goodness I must get to the library. I just love to read. However I mostly read LDS Fiction. I love the lighthearted easy predictable stuff I guess. I have to read shortish books. Because when I start a book I don't sleep, eat, or do anything but read.
Post a Comment