02 January 2008

New Year

Some of you may think they're lame, but I'm all about New Year Resolutions, baby. Why not re-evaluate your life, your self, and try and become better. So here's a few of mine this year. I'm trying to keep it simple, because, I'm trying to simplify my life, after all.

*Simplify My Life. After typing the above sentence, I realized that that was definitely a goal this year. After all, I'm not babysitting anymore as of Friday. I dropped out of college yet again. I will only have my two kids around all day, every day ... so what the heck am I going to do? Cause we don't have cable.

**Run A Half Marathon. Sadly, we didn't get picked out of the lottery drawing for the Moab Canyonlands Half Marathon. But that isn't going to stop me. Neither will the fact that I haven't run since Thanksgiving stop me either. So we're running the Salt Lake Half Marathon in April .. which means I should probably get off the computer and go running.

***Read The Book Of Mormon. I set this goal every year. This year is going to be the year I actually do it. Haha. Just kidding. I really have finished it before. Just not last year.

****Plant A Garden (And Keep It Alive). 'Nuff said.

*****Attend The Temple Once A Month. It's hard to get out when you have small children. It's also hard to find a babysitter who will watch Jackson, even for a small fortune. But Mia is eating some solid foods now, so I feel like I have a little more freedom to get out for a few hours without her physically attached to my body.

******Relax, Have Fun, And Enjoy My Family. I need to stop having anxiety, worrying, and stressing so much. I think I'm going to have to go see my doctor about getting some prescription meds to accomplish this one. (Really, I'm kidding again.)

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Good goals. I'm glad to hear that calming down your life will be one of them. You deserve a break (even if it means that college degree will have to wait a little while longer).

Happy New Year!

Ashley Thalman said...

i gave you a little shout ot on my blog

Tiffy!! said...

What the heck, why didnt you guys get picked for the Marathon? Did you sign up as group?? THat stinks. Try again next year and I will run it again and maybe we can do it together.

Unknown said...

Sound like you made some great resolutions. Nothing to over whelming right? And hey I can help you with the temple thing by babysitting while I have time off. Like maybe a Monday or Friday in Jan and Feb?

Tevye said...

Good goals. I will read with you. We could talk about it on the blog. I also have exercise on my resolution list although I think we should start a new tradition of 4th of July resolutions instead - they would be easier to keep - especially exercise related resolutions. I think my name may come up as Tevye (from Fiddler on the Roof) since I can relate to his having five daughters. By the way, another Happy Birthday to you.

Tevye said...

In case you are wondering who Tevye is - it is your dad. Love you!