I know I already posted today, but this simply couldn't wait. My husband is asleep since he's starting his 4AM shift tomorrow, so I have no one to jump up and down with.
Many of you have followed me in my journey through hell last semester. If you're a regular reader of this site - you know that's code for M-A-T-H. So, at the end of the semester, I checked my grades with fingers crossed. I got an A in Philosophy, and an A in Sociology. Totally knew that was coming. Then I got a UW in Math, which is equivalent to an F. It means Unofficial Withdraw, and they give it to people who haven't finished the course and simply stopped going to class. You can imagine my confusion, since I did every single scrap of homework they forced upon me. Took every single test, however, with much complaining. Worked my butt off (unfortunately not literally). I would rather have seen a big fat F staring back at me. So I emailed my professor and asked why. That was before Christmas. I just got an email back from him that said:
Dear Ms.
I am sorry.
It was my mistake.
You earned a B grade.
Thank you for your patience.
And THAT, my friends, is how it's done. So, Ashley, go ahead. Take Math. Apparently, it's not that hard ... since I earned a FREAKING B! How awesome is that? Makes me a little sad that my smart self won't be going back to school this semester. Because, if I can pass college math with a B, I can do anything!
8 comments:
Congratulations, Katie! THAT is AWESOME!
Yay! Good job! Were you able to get your associates then?
Yep! I should be getting it in the mail soon, and I graduated with Honors. (Barely. 3.61!)Yeeaahhh.
Such good news!!!! That is amazing:) Couldn't be happier for you right now. Im so glad that it all worked out. Your news just made my day.
Isn't it funny that we find ourselves getting so excited over a B. I did the same thing with anatomy. So exciting about your associates too! Congrats!
in the gentle words of my mother: "yippie doodle!"
Brainiac! You're smarter than you think! I knew you could. So happy for you!
A college professor admitting a mistake? We should build a monument or a shrine or something!
Post a Comment