There seems to be a rule in our home that toys do not belong on shelves or in baskets. This is positively unacceptable to Jackson. There is something completely irresistible about blocks that have just been neatly deposited into their bucket, books that have been carefully placed on the shelf, and balls that have been put back into their bag. Every time I put the toys where I think they belong, Jackson looks at me, completely exasperated, like - "Didn't you see I JUST dumped those on the floor and you've just messed it up by putting them in that bucket - AGAIN! Now I have to go through all the trouble of dumping them back onto the floor. Can't you just leave them where they belong?" I have OCD about having things in their place and Jacks has OCD about having everything on the floor. I pick it up, he dumps it out, I pick it up, he dumps it out ... Let's stop this charade!
And I believe some law of physics has been broken here. Jackson has just as many toys as he did before I started babysitting - no more, no less - but somehow there seems to be twice as much mess. Can someone explain to me how that works?
This is the mess I clean up ten times daily
And it must be some kind of abstract art form to take all the books off the shelf at the same time - just to find the exact book that you have a hankering to read at that exact moment.
On a side note - Jackson has been exerting his independence more and more. Today he refused to take off his "spi-man" pajama top. He strongly insisted that he continue wearing it. And to accessorize, he simply had to have yellow sunglasses a-top his head and his orange basketball tucked neatly beneath his arm. I am seeing a vision of future days when that is all he will wear out in public, along with pink goulashes and a batman cape.
Notice the mess in the background?
Not only must he dump his own toys, but Mia's as well!
1 comment:
What a cute kid (despite the messes)! I have these lofty goals of routinely tossing out my kid's toys (you know, as they're no longer getting the kind of love and attention a toy deserves) so that 1) we still have room for toys and 2) so the messes I have to clean up are smaller. Yeah, lofty. I have a hunch it won't exactly pan out like I hope it will. :)
Post a Comment