28 August 2007

It's A Routine Kindda Thing

So - this babysitting thing is going to be a little easier then I anticipated. I know it's only been two days, but I think it's going to force me into keeping a better schedule. Jackson will have to go to bed on time, something we've never been really good at. He will wake up at the same time. Breakfast and lunch will be served at the same time. Already Jackson is doing better at eating his food. Maybe because there is another little person his age eating the same thing, at the same time he is. Then it's down for nap at the same time. Snack at the same time ... I do love a good routine!

The kids have been great so far. The little boy (known as G hereafter) is a good kid. Mild mannered and an angel compared to my very strong willed, high energy Jackson T. The baby girl (known as L hereafter) is a sweetie, too. 2 babies is a little hard when they're fussing at the same time - but so far that has only happened once. But all I do during the day is referee between the boys (sharing his toys is not something Jackson is fond of yet), feed kids, change diapers, feed some more kids, and change more diapers. I don't allow myself to think about the million other things I need to do until the kids are gone. Then it's back to real life. Laundry and dishes and homework are a lot easier to do with only 2 kids around.

Did I happen to mention that Tim is in Georgia? Well - he's actually somewhere around Kansas City, MO right now. He left Sunday to help his sister drive from Georgia back to Utah. He should be home sometime tomorrow. 4 days of just me and the kiddies. I'm getting a taste of what it's like to be a single mom - and it's not something I want to experience further!

So - since all the kids are asleep at the moment (No -seriously! They are!) I think I'm going to go kick back in my Lazy Boy and take a short power nap. Those are going to be about my only link to sanity from now on.

No comments: