In church today we talked about remembering. Here are a few of my fondest memories.
*Growing up with 4 sisters so close in age. I always had a friend. We played and played for hours on end. Dress-up. Pretend. We read the same books. Had many of the same friends. We talked and whispered into all hours of the night. Giggling and laughing and crying together. 25 years later we are all still the best of friends.
*Going on vacations with my family. We weren't rich, so vacations tended to be things like: Going to Grandma and Grandpa's house. Going camping. Going on backpacking trips. More camping. Hiking. Picnics. And of course, camping.
*Reading. I read at least a book a week growing up. I've read so many books and loved so many characters they all start to mesh together in my head.
*Summer nights. Standing on the corner talking with my best friends. Walking each other home, only to walk each other home again. Back and forth.
*Meeting Timothy. Our engagement. Our wedding. Moving to Alaska together with no one else to lean on except each other.
*Giving birth to my children. Jackson's actual birth wasn't so great, but afterwards none of that mattered. Mia's birth was amazing, as well as holding her and nursing her immediately.
*The way my babies smell. Sweet. Newborn. No other smell compares. About a week after Mia was born I was nursing her in the middle of the night, and I leaned down to smell her head and I just cried and cried because she smelled so good.
*The smell of Sunday dinner cooking in the oven. Especially on fast Sunday.
There are so many more - but that last post made me realize that the lasagna is done and it's time to wake everyone up and eat together. I love my life. What more can I say?
No comments:
Post a Comment