19 August 2007

Leave A Message: I'm On Vacation

It's the hubs first vacation in a year, and that means it's MY first vacation in a year. We gets 5 days in a row off. Woo-hoo! I spent the day Friday shopping in Park City with my mom, sister, and brother while Tim took Jackson out to Tooele. I bought new clothes (that weren't maternity) for the first time since BEFORE Jackson was born. Long over-due. I love outlet stores. And I love a pair of Gap Jeans even more when they cost me $12.50!

Yesterday we went jet-skiing with the family out at Utah Lake. Utah Lake tends to make me nostalgic since I practically grew up there. We spent every Thursday (early-out day) out there boating and jet skiing while I was growing up. So, that was tons of fun (minus the storm that blew in for about an hour while Tim, my sisters, and brother were out on the lake and couldn't get back because of the 5 foot waves, and were considered either drown or struck by lightning for that entire hour. I thought I was going to need a valum, and I was pretty sure my father, who had a near death experience on Utah Lake and won't go back out on a jet ski to save his life, was going to jump in and start swimming out to save their lives.) Otherwise - it was a great day full of sunshine and lake water.

Jackson, Sara, and Bobby on the jet-ski

Kool-Aid in a squeeze bottle - it's liquid gold for kids



Jackson and his cousin, Jesse, skipping (or plunking, rather) rocks

Who knows what the rest of the week will bring. Everyone else is here taking a Sunday afternoon nap right now. I'm not since the wonderful husband got up with the kiddos this morning and let me sleep in. Until 10:30! WOW! I think he's either in trouble - or really, really wants something. Or maybe he was just in a good mood cause he's on vacation.

Eating out of the carton with a fork in both hands is totally kosher while you're on vacation!

1 comment:

Sara said...

That's how I got that hand-shaped spot on my leg that wasn't sunburned while the rest of it was!!! It was while I was puttering around on the jet-ski with Jack! I couldn't figure that out for the life of me! ;)