I'm getting to know my daughter a little bit more as her personality emerges. It's true what they say: Girls ARE different than boys! From the very beginning. Sure, they do the same things like eat, sleep, poop, eat, sleep, and poop .. but there is a very different aura about Mia. She is definitely a girl. For instance:
*She insists on being held. A lot. And a certain way - not always the same certain way - I have to figure out which way she wants to be held at that particular time.
*She already "fake" cries. It's a little whine that lets you know whatever it is you've just done displeases her. Greatly.
*She very much dislikes sitting in a dirty diaper. Even for a minute.
*She will fuss when I'm holding her unless I am constantly chatting up a storm with her. She looks and listens intently like she knows *exactly* what I'm talking about.
"Yes mommy - Jackson IS being a booger."
"Yes mommy - I know what you mean about the never ending pile of laundry."
(These are the things we chat about daily.)
That's not to say she is an unhappy baby. She's not colic-y. She doesn't scream for hours on end for no apparent reason. She is, overall, a very happy child, and for that I'm grateful! She just has a few little quirks that I'm learning to love as she grows and becomes the little person that she's going to be. She does, however, love her brother and smiles a great big smile whenever he decides to take a minute out of his busy schedule to give her a hug and a kiss, or just plain squish her - depending on his mood.

No comments:
Post a Comment