First, we went to Mia's 2 month (already?) appointment. I know she's a bigger girl, but I wasn't prepared for just how big. She weighed in at 13 POUNDS and was 24.5 inches long. That puts her in the 97th percentile for both weight and height. Her head size came in at the 75th percentile. I was shocked. So was her doctor! She just kept asking me, "What are you feeding her?!?!" Steak and potatoes. Duh!
Then we went to Walmart and got all that potty stuff I talked about earlier. I'm still a little leery to jump right in. I think I'm afraid of all the poopy messes all around my house. And I know how stubborn Jackson is. If he doesn't want to do it, he simply doesn't. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. He gets those genes from both his mommy and daddy. Double-trouble.
Next, we took a nap. All 4 of us. It was wonderful and I actually slept well. Whew. I needed that!
Then, we went to the swimming pool with the cousins. Jackson LOVES the water, and this time we even put Mia in a bathing suit, although she didn't actually get wet. I think she's going to love being outside as much as Jacks.
Mia sunbathing. (She's really in the shade, people.)
Next - we went to dinner at Macaroni Grill. Tim had a gift card from his birthday, so he treated us to some delicious Italian food. Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE to eat out. A little too much. Hence the 10 extra pounds I carry around with me at all times.
Last, we went to the dollar movie, only to find to our surprise and delight, it was 50 cent night! We watched Evan Almighty, and I absolutely loved it, and laughed a lot. That's one for the movie collection that we will own someday.
It was a wonderful day. I love spending time with my little family, and I know I need to soak it all in because someday they are going to be teenagers, and they won't think I'm cool enough to hang out with anymore. But for now, we all need to recuperate. After a day like that I need to spend a week at home!
1 comment:
Your day sounds way fun. Good luck with the potty training, doesn't sound so fun. Wouldn't it be nice if you could be so blessed already though?
Post a Comment