I've been feeling a little overwhelmed lately at being a mama of 2. These excerpts from this book I'm reading have helped boost my spirits and reminded me why I wanted to be a mama in the first place! I just want to share a few with everyone!
"If we would have waited until we could afford to have children, we would have never had any. We didn't have children because of our income. We had children on faith. Money can't buy love."
"If we wait until we have all the education we desire before we have children, that education will not mean as much to us."
"If we wait to buy a car or a house before we have children, we will be in for a major disappointment. Once our material goal is accomplished, it will never be enough. We will wake up the next day and be our same, unsatisfied selves."
"If we wait until we are established in our careers until we have children, we may miss the boat. A CAREER IS NOT A LIFE. A CAREER IS SOMETHING WE DO TO SUSTAIN LIFE. A meaningful life includes people, many people, especially children." (I've always felt a little jipped at not finishing my degree and starting a career before Jacks (and now Mia) came along. I don't think that's fair to them!)
"If we don't want to give up our freedom by having children, we may find that we are trapped in our own selfishness. In the 24 hour day job of rearing children, we discover that we must GIVE AND GIVE AND GIVE to cope with the constant demands children bring. CHILDREN WILL FREE US FROM OUR SELFISHNESS IF WE LET THEM!"
"Fifty years from now it won't matter what kind of car I drove, or what kind of house I lived in. It won't matter how much money I had in the bank or what kind of clothes I wore. Fifty years from now my life will have meaning only if I've taken the time to be a positive influence in the life of a child."
No comments:
Post a Comment