27 February 2008

Spaghetti Face Adventures

It's been an especially hard week here at our house with no end in sight, but I can always count on my kids to make me crazy. OK. OK. That's not what I was really going to say. Really, I can always count on my kids to make me happy. Make me laugh. Make me know that everything really is worth while.


The first of many spaghetti face adventures. I'm not sure she even got any in her mouth. She was just enjoying squishing it between her fingers and smearing it on her face. Anyone else noticing that her face actually matches her hair?

This is Mia's life summed up in a picture. She always seems to be in brother's shadow. I pull out the camera, and there's Jackson - front and center. And there's Mia, peeking out from behind. Must be first vs. second child syndrome.

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

I laughed out loud at that second picture. It's a hauntingly familiar scene, though: I'm pretty regularly reminded by my parents how Tyler took forever to learn how to do stuff because I was always trying to do it for him.

Katie said...

Yes, yes. :) I, myself, am a second child, so I can relate. Hehe.

The Betitas said...

Ya. I think you and Mia will have a special bond! You will be able to relate to her in a very personal way! Because I am seeing myself in Jackson big time in that picture. Once an older sibling, always an older sibling!!! Life is so not fair for the younger people.

jenica said...

oh yes, so true!

jeanie said...

how can kids be so cute even with food smeared on their faces? its one of the many mysteries of life? :)

Rick...the meek and mild said...

From my experience I can say that faces are easier to clean than the 3 foot circle around the high chair...what's your experience?

Tevye said...

spaghetti-red is definitely her color. Eating is such and adventure at this age.