26 February 2008

Behold, The Masterpiece

I've been working on this project for 1 year and 8 months, and we finally finished it! This is my very first quilt, and I'm proud of it since I don't exactly consider myself a crafty kind of gal! Granted, I had a lot of help from my mom, my sister Sara, and even my grandma, but it's 'did-done' (as my very red-neck husband would say). I'd like to give a big shout out to them for all their hard work and patience! I don't think I would enter it in, say, the state fair, but it looks pretty darn good on my bed, if I do say so myself.
It hangs all the way to the floor on all sides! We got a little crazy with the borders, eh.
I love all the colors! All the blues, maroons, greens, and browns.
I tried not to make it too girly - for Tim's sake.

This is the back. It's a heavy, almost curtain like fabric. It's so heavy we opted out of putting batting in between. But it was free - so that makes it all the more beautiful to me.

12 comments:

Sara said...

That's a nice piece of work it I do say so myself! Good job team!

Krysta said...

Seems like the ladies of the old Book Dept have been very crafty lately, all of us making quilts in some form or another. Nice work!

The Betitas said...

Wow, that is a big quilt! You inspire me.

jenica said...

that's awesome!!! i wanna make one. ;-D

Lindsay said...

Go, Katie, Go! It looks lovely! Maybe you, Krysta, and I should start some sort of quilting club. :)

melanie said...

good job Katie. What a great feeling of accomplishment.

Ashley Thalman said...

HOLY MOSES! that is the best! well done indeed!

Unknown said...

I love it! I can't even imagine doing that. Love the colors. Maybe I should finally get making another quilt to replace my "soccer blanket." But then again maybe not!

Karen said...

awesome!! After I get settled in Alaska, I would like to make a quilt. I love all the colors and everything in your quilt.. very pretty!

Jen and Allen said...

It looks beautiful and way to go for actually finishing it.... I have been working on a blanket for Patrick for umm lets see huh 3 and ½ years now... My problem is he is so stinking tall so I have to make it big to cover him. It looks really good and Im proud of ya.

Tevye said...

It looks much better on your bed than it does in my living room:) Just kidding! It really is a nice piece of artwork. Don't stop now.

Tim and Lisa said...

Great job. I quilt also, new and teaching myself. It is lots of fun! Don't stop!