And they say it so casually, like, "Hey - no big deal. You're Mormon. You pop those suckers out like they're going out of style."
Hi - have you MET my children?
And you want me to continue to reproduce?
Not that having a lot of children is a bad thing. For some people. There are those who God has created that have a greater mental capacity for dealing with little people. I, however, am convinced that when I gave birth to my first born, that along with losing about 30 pounds of water weight and a placenta, I somehow birthed my frontal lobe. Now I'm lacking capacity in motor function, problem solving, spontaneity, memory, language, initiation, judgement, impulse control, and social and sexual behavior. 90% of the time I feel like I've had a lobotomy. And the other 10% of the time I feel like having a lobotomy would be better then having to deal with a public fit where the child is screaming so hard that they puke on the grocery store linoleum.
Again.
And then there's Tim. He's all gung-ho and ready for more. He's either crazier than me or just plain masochistic. He must like having pieces of furniture thrown at him, and that lamp I hit him with last must have either knocked all sense out of him, or left him with amnesia - because he must have forgotten what a beast I am when I'm pregnant. That's not even mentioning the whole post-partum mess.
I was talking to my mom about this whole my-kids-are-stinkers thing and do you know what she said?
Hi - have you MET YOURSELF?
Good point, mom. Just one more valid reason why I should quit while I'm ahead. If this whole likes-to-throw-things, temperamental, explosive, irritable, fit-throwing stuff is genetic - that would explain a lot.
That's not to say I'll feel differently in a year or two - or ten - but right now, two mini-me's are enough for one world.
Now, if you'll excuse me, my almost three year old has poured a bottle of syrup on his head.
True story.
12 comments:
Give yourself time. Being sane is important when raising children. I know... I remember how it felt when the same questions were asked of me.
well despite it all. i would love it if you had ten:) i love um. and i love you.
At least you have braved one...we are still working on that. And you won't even have to think about having another one until you and your hubby are in the same state. So pressure is off for a bit anyway. I'm sure you will know one way or another when the time is right. At least I'm hoping that's how it works!
You make me laugh, or rather your kids make me laugh. Not in a haha sucks-to-be-you way, but in a oh-yeah-I-know-how-that-feels kind of way.
i heart you. and your public puking furniture flinging loves. just take your time and follow the spirit... and for those that ask when you'll have more, ask them if they'll babysit. ;-D
xoxo
Moderation and proper thought processes are great qualities but there is no other joy that can compare to watching your own little creations develop and grow. You are the eternal guide for them so make sure you can be a sane, proper guide.
I love you! And the next person who asks "is it time for more kids?" you can say... well if you think we should have more... will you baby sit on Friday night... this way you have an evening to yourself and who ever it was will most likely retract thier comment on you having more kids... sounds like a win win to me.
Yeah, you're making me feel REAL GOOD about my future children. Thanks. ;)
absolutely and utterly hilarious. wouldn't it be great if we lived in a world where everyone stayed out of your reproductive business?
Some of us could write a book about what you're going through, but you're too busy to read it and we wouldn't want to scare you out of the very thing that will bring you the most eternal joy. I wonder how long the "terrible-two" phase lasted in the pre-existence? Remember in the temple it says, "that you may have joy and rejoicing in your posterity"? Well, I think may is a conditional verb and posterity is not a symonym for reproduction or small children. It does get better! Your brain cells will come back, because you need your full mental capacity to deal with teenagers. You'll be posting about yours in about 12 years. You've got so much to look forward to! Forgive me a cruel chuckle...HA HA HA!
Haha Katie, your blog always brings a smile to my face and a booming laugh from Jimmy! I hope that Sarah and Jeannie can handle your kiddos and my red headed handfull as well at Devin and Rachel's wedding!
Katie anytime I need a good belly laugh I come to your blog! That last one had me rolling! And those are the same reasons I am not brave enough to get knocked up yet! I throw furniture when I am not a hormonal, pregnant mess! Anyway, thanks for the laughs and I hope one day I can have a sense of humor like you do!
Post a Comment