24 June 2008

Day Nine

OK. So I didn't quite make 10 days with lemon water only. I broke that fast with some heavenly tasting, fresh squeezed orange juice. I'm also making some homemade vegetable broth in the crock pot to drink tonight, and then tomorrow I will probably drink more orange juice and vegetable broth - and if I'm lucky I will get to eat a few of those cooked vegetables.

Anyone who would like to try this doesn't have to go all kamikaze and start with 14 days. A series of shorter fasts can be incredibly beneficial. Even from 24 hours to three days, and then work your way up to 10 to 14 days. Straight from my detox book:

"The shorter fasts give you experience and make the longer fasts easier. Your body becomes accustomed to periods of no food, so it is not such a shock for you physically and psychologically."

Obviously, I didn't make it 10 days - and seeing how it was my first fast in 3.5 years (I haven't even fasted on fast Sunday since I was either pregnant or breast-feeding) I think I did pretty well with 9 days.

Now, if you'll excuse me .. I have some orange juice calling my name.

1 comment:

jenica said...

you so totally rock. i can't wait to do it!

xoxo