Sara, my sister, didn't want a cake for her birthday. So, instead of cake I decided to make the black bean brownies that she likes. After singing happy birthday, and having Jackson successfully blow out the candles without starting his face on fire, we ate those protein filled brownies, but something tasted funny. No one said anything, though, so I thought it was just me. Finally, towards the end, Sara asked if I had used a different kind of bean?
No - just black beans.
Was I sure?
Ummm - no, in fact, I was not. Because the brownies had a slight green chili flavor. With a hint of garlic.
So my dad dug the can out of the trash. It was black beans. Just the "seasoned recipe."
Yummmm. Brownies - southwestern style.
7 comments:
oh BOY!!!! i love it. think we should leave going out on limbs to sara.... hahah. so thoughtful.
culinary limbs that is
That's really funny :)
awesome!
We are rolling, curled over trying not to throw up from laughing so hard!
NICE!
That is something I would do. Funny. Happy birthday Sara bear.
Post a Comment