22 June 2008

Day Seven

I'm still here. I am living proof that one can actually live on lemon water for seven days - and feel fantastic!

Am I sure this is healthy? Absolutely.

I am not one to go on some fad diet. Actually, I've never really dieted before in my life. (Disclosure: This is not a diet.) I researched many, many cleanses for months before I chose this particular one. I read books on body chemistry, essential nutrients, benefits of fasting, herbal remedies, and the healing powers of food. I take my health very seriously. Granted, this cleanse is very intense, and there are some other cleanses out there that I may do in the future that are a little less intense. But, it being my first one, I wanted to go all out and get as many toxins out as possible.

Am I sure this is crazy? Most definitely.

Am I sure it's worth it? Abso-positve-lutely.

I feet wonderful. Headaches that have plagued me since junior high are gone. My insomnia is improving dramatically. My skin is clear and glowing - more then one person has commented on it. I have more energy than I have had in the past 5 years. I can go to bed later and wake up earlier and feel better then ever. I don't even need an afternoon nap anymore. Instead of napping, I get to read a book!

Is it still hard? YES! I want to chew something. I want to taste food. But if I can hang on for three more days, it will be over and I can stop dreaming about supreme pizza.

3 comments:

melanie said...

awesome!!! Seriously... Good job!!

Emily said...

I want to feel fantastic but I am not sure that I would last! The more you talk about it, the more I want to do it!

Ashley Thalman said...

keep pushing you! we are all cheering you on....