26 May 2008

Lord, Increase My Faith ...

It has taken me a few days to get over my disappointment, pull the covers off my head, crawl out of bed, get my wits about me, and write this blog ...

It saddens me (and is majorly stressing me out) to report that the people who were buying our house cancelled their contract with us last minute (meaning 5 days before closing). And don't be fooled and say, "At least you got to keep their earnest money" cause we don't. Apparently there is a "loop-hole" in the state of Utah that says if the date they set for their inspection has not expired that they can back out of the contract and keep their earnest money ... which leads me to ask the question - WHY DO WE EVEN BOTHER TO SIGN CONTRACTS OR PUT ERNEST MONEY DOWN?!?!?! That's a pretty big loop-hole if you ask me.

**Sigh**

Even though he had already done his personal inspection, and assured us that he absolutely loved our house, because the date on the contract said he had until Friday to do the inspection, he let us know Thursday that there was no deal because he felt like he just couldn't afford it.

(Really? Didn't you know what you could afford before you made an offer and signed a contract?)

So, naturally the house we put an offer on and were in contract with up in Idaho is going to fall through.

Tim still has to report to work on June 2nd - and we still can't find a place for him to live. Those extended stay hotels are over $1,000 a month. We looked into buying a little 1980's trailer for a few hundred bucks and having Tim stay at the KOA, but that's also over $1,000 a month - if you can believe that! The freaking KOA?!? And all the little studio apartments we've found all want at least a 6 month contract - and I'm hoping against hope here that we will have sold our house by then ....

We just can't seem to catch a break.

Then, I landed myself in the ER last weekend for severe abdominal pain. By severe I mean laying on the ground unable to move - wishing I were in labor instead. At the hospital they did a CT scan and found - get this - appendix stones. I've had these same little episodes at least once a year since I was, oh, TEN, and as many times as I've been to the ER - no one thought to give my stomach a little scan. They didn't take my appendix out - yet. They want me to go see a "specialist." They also found cysts on my ovaries and want me to get those checked out as well.

Yeah - they may want to do a little CT scan on my head - just to make sure I still have brain waves - because I think I'M LOSING MY MIND!