You know the type. The small children you see wandering around, unattended, and you look around concerned and wonder, "Where are your parents?!?!"
We were sitting on the bleachers watching Bobby's baseball game. I watched as Jackson followed a little boy and his dad around, obviously convinced he just found his best friend forever. The dad and little boy started walking away towards their own seats. We were sitting behind home plate, and they were sitting way out past right field. I wasn't too concerned, since I could still see Jackson, but the dad finally realized that he had one too many children tagging along behind him, and I saw him look around, confused, and when he got to where the rest of his family was sitting I could see them all looking around, hands up and shoulders shrugged wondering, "WHERE ARE YOUR PARENTS?!?!"
Appaled at the realization that I am THAT parent, I sent my sister, Jeanie, to go fetch my poor, neglected little boy.
2 comments:
Oh sure, send the auntie...ha ha. I got a phone call one day letting me know Brooke was running away and had gotten a goodly distance from the house. I quit passing judgements on terrible parents that very moment
If that is the worst that ever happens you'll be okay. When they are older they may want to pick a new set of parents...this is when you really have to watch.
Post a Comment