Coeur D'Alene
(pronounced Core Da Lane)
* Located in the pan handle of Idaho (about 30 miles east of Spokane, Washington). Population: 34,000 (a little bigger than Tooele, Utah).* City of Coeur D'Alene is situated alongside of a 30 mile long lake, and is therefore known as "Lake City."
* Annual Balloonfest with a special "Night Glow Extravaganza."

* CDA is a huge ski resort and golf town. It's considered one of the best in the United States. Its 14th hole features the world's only movable floating green. (I have no idea what that means!)
* Home of Ironman Coeur D'Alene.

* SLED DOG RACES! (One of our favorite things to do in Alaska, so we're excited to see the races again!)

* Annual Huckleberry Festival. (Who doesn't love Huckleberries?!?)
* 2, 180 feet about sea level. (Provo is just over 4,000 ft.)
* Barbara Walters called the city "A little slice of Heaven" and included it in her list of most fascinating places to visit.

* Home of the Northwest's largest theme park: Silverwood Theme Park.
* So many outdoor adventures, it makes me dizzy! Camping, hiking trails galore, boating, white water rafting, ski resorts, and the list goes on ....

* Good Morning America recently broadcast the city's Christmas Lighting Ceremony because its display is among the largest and best in the country!

Coeur D'Alene - here we come!!!
8 comments:
i'm so sad for me to be losing you again. but honestly, i am SO happy for you. it looks beautiful. john and i have moved 7 times, although it's only been between 2 states.
don't sweat the car trip. split it into TWO days each way if you can. believe me! we just got back from a 12 day road trip and i couldn't be happier, in fact i wish we were still gone! just bring plenty of dvd's. ;-D
what can i do to help? when will you be moving? when can we play before you go??? ?? ?
Sounds like a fabulous place to go!
It does look beautiful! I guess we'll have to make it a point to get up there. I'd say you must be pretty good at darts!
When will you be leaving with your stuff? Lots of love and let us help.
I love where I live, but I'm officially jealous. It looks gorgeous!!
WoW!! I almost want to move now. It does look great..
Good luck. I have heard that it is really nice up there! I am sure that you will love it.
I have heard only good things about this little city. An old missionary companion continues to tell me that is God's country.
Post a Comment