28 March 2008

Comfort Items.

When Jackson was born, his Aunt Sara (commonly known as Aunt Farah around this house) made him this blanket. As he's gotten older, he's not only grown incredibly attached to it, he's been creative and found a number of different uses for it, including:

*A blanket - for warmth, of course.

*A tent.


*A cape. He calls himself 'Incredi-boy.'

*If you wad it up, it makes a great ball.


(No picture included for this next one.)
*A Kleenex. (I wash it a lot.)


*A bonnet. He calls himself 'The Little Girl Who Lives In The Lane.' Seriously.


*A bath buddy.

The poor blankey is wearing thin. What, oh what, is the little girl who lives in the lane by day and Incredi-boy by night going to do when it finally disintegrates?

5 comments:

Lori Buhr said...

I had to cut a little piece of my kids blankets and put them in their baby books. There are some cute children's books about this topic. My favortie is called, "Joseph had a Little Overcoat", by Sims Taback

Emily said...

Timmy and I read this together and just laughed! Reading about your kids makes me so happy. I just wish I could be there!

Lindsay said...

I love the blanket in the tub. Classic.

jenica said...

i love that it's a bath toy! hehe.

i've never had a blanket baby, but my friend did cut her sons blanet into equal pieces and surged around them. rocco was fine with that!

what a great compliment to auntie farah!

Anonymous said...

I still have my tattered baby blanket. I named him grumpy when I was young because I took him every where and it made him grumpy I guess. Ha Katie I love your blog it makes my day every time I read it!