07 March 2008

I. Heart. Drugs.

I'm usually more of a homeopathic remedy type person, but after this week I would gladly kiss the feet of the pharmaceutical companies. I have pneumonia. Again. I had it last year at this exact same time. I guess the clinical term for it is "walking pneumonia" since I wasn't sick enough to be hospitalized - even though there wasn't a whole lot of walking going on. It was more like crawling. And even though I wasn't sick enough to be in the hospital, there were more then a few times this week I was pretty sure I belonged in the morgue. This is the first time in 4 days that I've been up into my living room. I'm actually sitting up on my own. Tim had to support me while I stood over the sink to brush my teeth, and I didn't even have enough strength to get a brush through my rat's nest of hair. My children have been in their pajamas for 3 straight days. Jackson has eaten nothing but waffles. (Actually, that last part isn't out of the ordinary.) But I'm pretty sure they're ready to have their mama back. I have never been more grateful for liquid opiates IN. MY. LIFE. I love you Hydrocodone! Which reminds me - it's time for another dose. And another nap.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh yuck, Katie! I'm glad to read you're on the mend. I hope you're fully recovered very, very soon!

Krysta said...

Yeah, about that...unfortunately, if I had WALKING PNEUMONIA (sorry you're so sick!) I would be stuck, because Hydrocodone would make me die. Literally. I would go into anaphylaxis and die. I'm allergic to the stuff, as I found out when I was perscribed Lortab after getting my wisdom teeth out and ended up taking a fun little trip to the hospital in the ambulance with anaphylactic shock. Fun stuff.

FEEL BETTER!!!

Amy said...

Sheesh, sounds horrible. I hope you are on the mend!!

Lori Buhr said...

You know the old saying, "When it rains...." you get pneumonia! Sorry, that on top of the job stress has to be a killer. We will pray!