We were talking about our "situation" the other day, and Tim said, "Well, it can't get worse! The only way it could get worse is if we got really sick!" So I karate chopped his Adam's apple and put my hand over his mouth and told him to NEVER. EVER. SAY. THAT. AGAIN.
And it turns out that our astronomical streak of bad luck has a sequel. Anyone ever seen that movie The Secret? The gist of it is - the universe can hear us, only it seems to have a very limited vocabulary in that it doesn't understand the words "Can't" and "Don't", etc ... So if you say "I don't want to get sick" it omits the "don't" and it hears, "I want to get sick." So, obviously, you want to have positive thoughts and say positive things like, "I want to eat ice cream all day and stay skinny" and definitely NOT, "I want to eat ice cream all day and never get fat" because it will conveniently omit the "never" and you will most definitely get fat if all you eat is ice cream.
So, apparently the universe took Tim seriously and we are all deathly ill. Again! I was just barely getting over that little pneumonia thing, and here I am again, able to do nothing but lay on the bed and stare at the ceiling. And this time Tim is sick right along with me. And Mia, too. Jackson seems to be the only one who feels 1/2 way normal.
True story. I couldn't get the baby food jar open for about 1/2 an hour because I was so weak, and just the act of trying to twist the lid off hurt everything from my head to my toes. After I finally got it open, I laid on the floor, half dead, while Jackson pulled a chair over to Mia's high chair and fed her dinner.
What's my point? My point is, right now, I can think of a few choice words that would strongly improve the universe's vocabulary.
5 comments:
KATIE!!! Ahhh. I am so super sorry..... I know about the Secret.. "You are a picture of Health." Keeping telling yourself that...
Oh my goodness! I am sorry to hear about you being sick, again! :( I hope you get well, soon!
Good heavens! I think we all need to start sending some extra good luck vibes in your direction. Seriously. Get better soon!
oh dearie, dearie, dearie! i'm so sorry! do you have a juicer? you need some fresh carrot apple juice to perk you up. and probably some fresh lemon juice in water with a dash of cayenne pepper. we've GOT to get you feeling better!!!
i loved the clean up on aisle 1 story. so funny! you write so well.
i can't stop thinking about the squirrel story. it's been haunting me all week... in a good way.
Oh, Katie, I wish I could wave my fairy auntie wand and make all your wishes and dreams come true. I know you are loved by so many, but that seems not to matter whne you are feeling too weak to get out of bed. Call the hometeachers, get a blessing, call the Relief Society, get some hot meals into your system and if all else fails call your Mom and 911, it would be a toss up as to who would get there faster. Love you!
Post a Comment