13 March 2008

Happy 4th (Sealing) Anniversary!


Today is the 4th anniversary of when Tim and I were sealed for time and for all eternity in the Salt Lake temple. (Not to be confused with our 5th wedding anniversary coming up next month!) A few months after we were married and had settled down in Alaska, we decided that we wanted to be active in the church again. We worked hard towards going through the temple to be sealed sometime that next spring/summer. That fall Tim found out he would be going to Afghanistan in the spring, so we worked even harder. We, along with our bishop and stake president, wrote a letter to the First Presidency of the Church to see if we could get special permission to be sealed before our one year anniversary since Tim was headed to a war zone. We received special permission to be sealed 11 months and 1 day after we were married civilly. We literally flew down from Alaska for the weekend! We flew all night (with 2 layovers), arrived in Salt Lake that morning, recieved our endowments that same day, were sealed the next day, and headed home the next day! That was one long trip! Tim left for the desert almost exactly 2 weeks later.

How grateful I am for eternal families! I can't imagine going through life not knowing that I would be with my sweetheart and my children forever and ever. Happy Anniversary!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Happy Anniversary, Katie!! (for both this one, and the one coming up in a month.) What a lovely reminder, too, of just how beautiful eternal families are. I'm so grateful for mine, and grateful that you have yours, too.

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary!(For both). A forever family is the greatest gift. I hope you are doing well. ~Your Media Play friend, Michelle

Lori Buhr said...

I remember your sealing. The sealer was so sweet to tell you of his experiences being apart from his eternal companion and how the sealing meant so much to the both of them during his time of war. I thought is was so appropriate. Happy Anniversary to you both! May you have many more!

jenica said...

this is so cool! i don't think i even knew about the process you guys had to go through. yay!