18 March 2008

Clean Up On Aisle 1

Tim's brother got married last weekend, and Jackson was the back-up ring bearer - just in case his cousin wasn't in the mood to walk the rings down the aisle. Turns out, his cousin was feeling amiable that day, and so they decided since they'd wasted, I mean spent, money on a tux for the kid, that Jackson could escort the flower girl down the aisle.

So here they come, arm in arm down the aisle. I was so proud! And then the flower girl started tossing her petals out of her basket and Jackson stopped. The girl kept walking, but Jackson was a little concerned that she was dropping her petals, so he followed her down the aisle and picked them up for her. Finally, someone told him not to pick them up anymore, and he walked down the rest of the aisle completely perplexed and staring at those petals on the ground like it was taking every last ounce of his self control not to pick them up. During the ceremony, after he decided that he'd had enough of standing up front, he came back down the aisle and sat with me, and the first thing he said was, "Girl make a MESS!" Like, "Can you believe that, Mom?!? They wouldn't even let me clean them up!"

And as I sit here and type, while the toys are nearly burying me alive in my own living room, I can't help but wonder why Jackson doesn't feel the need to clean up this mess.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

That's fabulous. But yeah, I'm with you...it'd be even more fabulous if he'd feel the same about his own messes, huh. :)