OK. So I'm studying for a math final, and I have been so frustrated this whole semester with this class. I don't mean just plain frustrated. I mean kicking, screaming, crying my eyes out, banging my head against the wall, pulling out my hair, defeated. That kind of frustrated. I've come to a point a few different times this semester, where after feeling so incredibly bird-brained that I was convinced that the college would somehow finally figure out what a dim-wit I really was, and they had every right to refuse to let me graduate. Those moments were not few nor far between.
So I'm sitting at my house the other night after taking a math test, and I was asking myself (out loud) why in the world did I even bother? I'm currently a stay-at-home mom, and I figure that I'll probably have tiny people running around for at least the next 15 years. So WHY IN THE SAM HILL DO I WASTE MY TIME LEARNING ALGEBRA? And I said:
"I don't think you need to know algebra in order to change a poopy diaper."
And my dad - dear, supportive old chap - said something to this effect:
"You eat x amount of chicken nuggets, multiply that by the y of the waffle, square root everything else and you end up with one big poopy diaper."
Thanks dad.
5 comments:
Love it!
Good luck with your math final!!!
Well just to offer the encouragement Timmy always offers to me is that: IT IS worth it. Who else is going to teach your children the things you never learned? And so I keep taking out loans to pay for my education so that ultimately.....my children
(unborn) will have one also! P.S. I love it when you quote dad in your blogs. I can hear his voice saying that and it makes me laugh.
Your dad always was a math whiz...not! He is a closet comic however. I love you. Math will end and you will be alive! Live long and prosper!
hehe. seriously, i don't know how you've done it! but you have! and all you have to do is pass now and not think about it again until graduation... which only what 11 years away? ;-D i'm seriously so proud of you. i wish i was doing it.
Aren't us dads just so helpful that way...keep at it.
Post a Comment