14 February 2009

Half Naked With A Pair Of Gloves.

Training for a half marathon in the middle of winter isn't all it's cracked up to be.  Today we did 10 miles in the snow and wind.  Personally, I like to bundle up in about 4 layers of clothes before going running.  Maybe I'm not a true runner.  You know the type ~ the long, lean folks who take one stride to your three.  The kind of people who wear nothing but shorts, a t-shirt, and a pair of gloves when running in a snow storm.  Because if I were a true runner, I would be really worried about my hands getting cold.  So the next time you see a true runner in a snow storm - just look. They'll be half naked with a pair of gloves.

5 comments:

Jen and Allen said...

He he and some times ear muffs.

The Shepherds said...

Hey Katie, You probably don't even remember me (Rachel Moulton) but I love reading your blog. I think your sense of humor is very comical. Feel good about yourself....I have only run a 5k. I want to run the Hobble Creek half marathon this August. It's gonna take a lot of work. YIKES! Good luck.

Anonymous said...

haha thats just hilarious

Emily said...

Katie, if you can run ten miles, that makes you a true runner in my book. Even if you are bundled up. I feel like a champion when I run four miles inside a temperature controlled gym on a treadmill--you're awesome.

jenica said...

haha, perfect! at my 5k there was a dude wearing nothing but neon green shorts. dude, seriously, not cool.

and yes, you are a true runner.