Apparently, Mia's a druggie. Those makers of Tylenol really need to rethink the amount of sugar they put in that liquid pain reliever, cause my kid thinks it's candy.
We woke up Sunday morning to Mia having drank an entire bottle of Children's Tylenol Cough and Runny Nose. The Costco sized bottle. She pushed a chair over to the counter, climbed onto the counter, got the medicine, opened the child-proofed lid (I've seen her do this more then once - my mini Houdini baby) and drank the full contents - all in less then 5 minutes.
So off to the ER we went. They called poison control, started an IV, took some blood, and then gave her the antidote to Tylenol (which is something like liquid rotten eggs with a fancier name) to protect her liver. Then they shipped us off to Primary Children's Medical Center so she could be observed. They weren't too worried about the other ingredients (cough suppressant and antihistamine) because she wasn't passed out sleeping in a drug induced coma. Nope. She was up running around, climbing on everything in sight, having a good old time - and just rubbing her sleepy eyes every now and then. They checked her blood levels again, and they weren't toxic.
7 hours later we went home happy.
They didn't even call child services on me.
Now, I can see my friends without children, or only one child, gasping in horror. This is something I never would have let happen to Jackson. First child, and all. But the combo of Mia being the second child, red-head, spit-fire, climbing queen since she was 6 months old, little miss attitude ... well - I'm grateful she's made it this far!
9 comments:
Isn't life an adventure? Just wait until you have 4 more running around...smile!
I am glad to hear Mia was ok. Those can be some scary times and it is nearly impossible to keep an eye on them all the time!
Now you would think having the girl second would give you a type of reassurance of these things not happening. But, NO!!! I know how you feel though. Haylee did the same thing with Ibuprofen but it was just a regular size bottle. The only reassuring words I have is they grow up fast..
So glad to hear Mia is okay! And, I have seen the child. She attracts all sorts of mischief! Good luck with her!
She must take after her mother....you forgot to mention the part about you O.D'ing on pacman vitamins when you were her age:)
i can totally see her climbing all over the ER. don't you just love primary's.
xoxo
haha oh wow. little ms. moogster.
Dang you have one smart chica on your hands. What an adventure! Glad she is okay. How is school going?
Yikes. And I have 2 at the same time. I'm scared for them to come home now.
Mia. I do feel there is more to come with this one, but the good news is, she is going to be a tough one. One day she is going to have one just like herself. Hmm, Katie and Tim, who is she taking after?
Post a Comment