03 November 2008

Sacrificing Your Budget For The Greater Good.

When you're on a tight budget, there are a lot of things you cut down on, rethink, or simply do without. Me? I love Clorox. The brand. I love Kraft mayonnaise. I love Tide laundry detergent. These are all things we're doing OK without. So what if I have to buy off brand bleach? Quite honestly, it does the same darn thing as Clorox. It's just my own mental anal retentiveness that thinks I have to have Kraft. And Tide.

So, I went to Walmart. We needed toilet paper. Lo and behold, I found an already cheap brand that was on sale. Which made it dirt cheap. And what do you get with dirt cheap T.P.? Well, let's just say it worked about as well as if you were wiping yourself with dirt. Tim affectionately dubbed it "John Wayne" toilet paper.

It's a good thing it's autumn and the leaves are coming down, cause a fist full of those worked a whole lot better.

There are just some things you just can't bargain shop for.

5 comments:

Krysta said...

I hear ya! There are certain things I just cant skimp on, like tp, paper towels and garbage bags! And from what I hear, I shouldnt skimp on diapers, either...

Ashley Thalman said...

baking soda and vinegar area amazing cheap cleaning things! i love them!

great good it right!

Anonymous said...

haha that's how i am. Also, just an FYI, target has a cheap brand of granola bars and they are nasty. might as well buy the ones you know you like.

Heather said...

OUCH!

Michelle said...

I COMPLETELY understand!! It becomes a fun game figuring out what cheap brands work as good as the Name brands and what doesn't work. Some unfortunate trial and error.