*Mia is always a helper. She loves, loves, loves to help me with anything and everything. Cooking, cleaning, laundry, rubbing my feet since I can't reach them any more -- you name it, she's up for helping with it. She is also such a little mama to people smaller than her, namely her cousin, Gavin.
*Speaking of being a helper - she is a very good doctor. The many, many times I've been laid up in bed due to unbearable nausea this pregnancy, Mia will go grab my "telescope" and transform into Dr. Crystal. She has amazing bedside manner, and is a very good doctor. Trust me.
*Mia is tall, tan, athletic, and very much a diva. She loves to have her nails painted, her hair braided or curled (not so much brushed, though - she's very tender headed), and loves to have cute clothes on. She loves to go shopping, unlike her mama. (Although I love to go shopping for/with Mia.) While walking through the mall one day, she saw the prom/wedding dress store and pointed to the the gaudiest one (black and white zebra pattern top with bright purple, poofy layers on the bottom) and said, "I want THAT one." Of course you do, girlfriend. Of course you do.
*She's very good at gymnastics. We've taken the summer off, but she is excited to get back into it this fall. I think it's a very, VERY good way to direct her energy and enthusiasm.
*Despite reaching diva status, Mia loves to play outside and get straight up dirty. She got a princess dress for her birthday (per her request) and she can frequently be found wearing it while playing outside in the mud.
*She wants to name the baby Sparkle.
*She is shy at first, but give her a few minutes and she will warm right up to you, and then proceed to talk your ear off.
*Her hair is gorgeous. She was born with fire red hair, but it's toned down to an almost strawberry blonde. She likes to call it "golden."
*She has the cutest freckles on her nose.
*She has the cutest freckles on her nose.
*After her first day of kindergarten, she came home and asked if she could get her ears pierced. I said we'd talk about it when she got bigger, and she said, very loudly and sternly, "My ears are big ENOUGH!" This girl keeps us laughing with all the crazy, funny, quirky things she says on a daily basis.
*Some of her favorite things are: having her back tickled (and she is very particular about how it's done - apparently only her Auntie Rachel does it just right - the rest of us are lacking the back tickling skill), her purple unicorn, Magical, her Jewel CD, the "Bird Song", and having sleepovers at grandma's because grandma makes her pancakes.
*She is downright stubborn sometimes. I say she gets it from her dad. Her dad says she gets it from her mom. Either way, we have learned to channel her energy, and give her options. Telling her simply to DO something, just because - well that doesn't work for her. It's a fine balance, and I hope we find the right formula before she becomes, say, 15...
*She loves her brother very much. And she is going to be the best big sister this new little baby could ask for. Honestly, I'm a little worried for this baby's life because Mia is going to dote on it, love on it, and probably pamper it to death.



1 comment:
I love this girl!!!
Post a Comment