31 December 2010

Best and Worst 2010

..............................................
2010 WORST
................................................

*Tim's chronic pain is getting worse to where it is finally limiting his daily activities.

*Tim had to be gone across the country for a few months out of this year. But it was for work, and looking on the bright side of that, he has a job. A good one. So I'm not gonna complain.

*Working graveyards. Seriously. I'm happy to have a job, a pretty good one for a new graduate nurse if I must admit, but working graveyards for the last 4 months has pretty much made our house a constant re-run of Night of the Living Dead. I feel like a zombie, and from the constant exclamations from friends and perfect strangers of, "Oh my gosh. You look tired!" means I must look like one, too.

*Even after many doctor appointments, specialist appointments, and getting poked and prodded, nobody seems to know why Mia still gets sick. The newest diagnoses is Irritable Bowel Syndrome, most likely with more food allergies that we just don't know about. Poor baby girl.

..........................................
2010 BEST
...........................................

*The most obvious (for me) - I graduated nursing school! I also landed a job in less than 2 months after passing boards.

*Jackson started preschool, and loves it. Although, he would probably love it more if it was afternoon preschool and not morning preschool. That kid hates waking up early.

*We were able to paint our house, get the baseboards back up (after 1 1/2 years), re-tile our shower (however unexpectedly), and put new carpet in our bedroom. It looks and feels rather cozy around here (most of the time).

*I ran the Canyonlands Half Marathon for the second year in a row.

*Tim took me to Mexico as a graduation gift. Fun, but probably more of a once in a lifetime thing for us. I think we're more camping-fishing-boating-get-away-from-people-by-staying-in-the-mountains kind of vacationers, than we are cruisers.

*We went boating at the lake all summer long, without a care in the world.

*My sister Jeanie gets to be our nanny. It makes having a to work a whole lot easier for me, knowing that my kids are with someone I trust.

*We got to go to San Francisco again to see my sister, Emily, and nephew, Gunner. We always love visiting "San Frisco."

*We are all relatively healthy, safe, and happy.

Here's to 2010!

And here's hoping 2011 is just as amazing!

No comments: