I spoke too soon. You know, about the health issues and being covered. We're currently in the "non-covered" stage and Tim has broken his big toe/foot. He came home yesterday barely able to walk, his foot bandaged and soaked in blood. Apparently, while getting the supplies to frame in a garage door, he dropped a 4x4 on his foot. It's lacerated pretty badly (hence the bleeding) and the toe nail - actually, I'm going to spare you the details. Let's just say it's gross.
So, you know how I'm in nursing school and all, well - he wants me to fix it. Really? I mean, I'm coming to the end of my FIRST semester. I've taken Psych. Anatomy. Physiology. Nutrition. So I said, "Well, the best I can do is look at and it say, "Yep! That's a toe. There's your foot. It's definitely bleeding. Oh - and according to my psych book, you're psychotic."
How's that for nursing skills 101.
8 comments:
Men either want you to fix it now, or they want to tough it out and live in agony (yours, not theirs) for a few days. I would just approach it with the diagnosis that in needs to be amputated and come at him with a big knife...if the cops get called in it will give you something to post about! Get better quick, Tim! :)
OUCH! Way to go Katie. You diagnosed the prognosis, and Tim still has his toe. I am proud of you! Sorry for Tim and hurting his toe. You are a busy mama and wife. Way to take everything on at once!
As much as I feel bad for Tim's toe, you made me laugh with this post. Wont it be nice when you can get in some practical nursing experience? Good Luck (and get well, Tim!)
Ohh that's sad. Yep, you should have knocked on wood before the wood knocked on Tim's foot. As sad as that is though, I want you to know that we laughed, as we always do at your posts! Speedy healing to you Tim
Don't you love insurance. Even after almost a year of having our current insurance ever stinking time I go to the doctor I get nailed with pre-existing conditions. Just for talking about my previous problems with the doctor. AGGG.
Hope that Tim survives. Good luck with studying for finals.
That would hurt. Its never a good time to have one of your appendages damaged. I hope it heals quickly and that he doesn't have to endure too much pain.
good luck sweetie!
xoxo
Katie, you amaze me! Your strength in trials is fascinating! I know I only hear the good parts in the blog. But you blog about it with quite a bit of humor. As John and I are experiencing the first major trial of our marriage I have often read your blog to hopefully learn to laugh at the bad, even through tears. You will be blessed!
Post a Comment