05 October 2008

I Need A Few More Hours Of Sleep.

I've been so busy and tired that I don't have time to blog much anymore. I'm giving up washing my face and brushing my teeth tonight to bring you this small update before I go to bed.

*I worked 50 hours this week.

*I said goodbye to my job as a CNA at the home health agency.

*I got a new job that works better with my school schedule.

*The only thing that kept me from going into nursing before was my fear of poking people with needles. (They can poke me all they want.)

*My new job involves poking people with needles.

*It also involves me getting up at 4:00 A.M.

*I'm not sure which is worse.

*It also involves occasionally going to what they call "Trauma 1's" in the ER and seeing some freaky stuff.

*I start nursing school this week.

*I miss my kids and I don't like being a working mama.

*I went to a few trauma 1's this past week.

*I didn't pass out then.

*I am, however, going to go pass out right now.

13 comments:

Bleen said...

Amen to poking people with needles. Not a big fan and I hope I don't have to do it ever, but I'm sure you get used to it after a while. 4am is no good either. Thankfully this is an accelerated program so it'll fly by, especially when you are sleep deprived. Hang in there!

The Betitas said...

Good luck starting school! Im dying to hear how you like it! Im sorry you miss your kids. That is the crappy part:(

Unknown said...

Alright just your list made me sleepy! Good luck with your new endeavors.

Anonymous said...

Aww katie! I don't know which is worse, poking people with needles, being tired or being away from the babies! Does Tim get to watch them? You're the best!

Lindsay said...

Oh, Katie, the overloaded schedule, the poking people with needles...I honestly don't know how you do it!

Anonymous said...

whew. I think im going to pass out reading that post. lol. You are a hard worker. aren't you glad mom and dad taught us to work hard! If they hadn't this schuedule of yours might have kicked your butt. AND it didnt because i saw you Saturday night and you were still up and going... and it was like 10:00 PM. don't overdo it though.

Emily said...

Hi! It's fun to find your blog! It sounds like you are so busy--good luck with the needle thing. I bet you'll get used to it (after a while anyway).

Brianne said...

Dude Katie I totally feel your pain. I too am doing school right now and I hate it!!! (granted it is online so that makes it a little better but school is school). Since I work nights I average about 4-5 hours of sleep the next day in fragments when Jace is asleep. I always feel like a zoombie. There is a light at the end of the tunnel though for both of us and it won't always be like this. Good luck with school!!! We had to give each other shots in school and I was sweating like a pig. They took pictures of us doing it and I look beet red in the face and quite nervous. Hang in there!!! Now it's no sweat pokin' people. :)

Tevye said...

when you need a life preserver be sure to let us know - we will all try to keep track and be helpful.

Michelle said...

I bet that you are going to be great at your new job!!!!!!I am excited for you, But I totally understand about the Working Mom thing.

Heather said...

HANG IN THERE SISTER!
I HEART YOU!

jenica said...

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Lori Buhr said...

I used to love you, but I can't love anyone who might come at me with a needle. I'll try to get over it. J/K Good thing you're young. School is always a good thing to have under you belt, especially when it is over. Hang tight sweetie! We all love you.